**The surgery will be closed on
Monday 29th May 2017 and will re-open at 8am on Tuesday 30th May 2017.**
Our vision is to provide the best clinical care for our patients from
“cradle to grave”. Our strategy to achieve this goal is set out as below:
1. Maintain a motivated, enthusiastic, valued, and stable workforce which always considers the patients’ best interests. Strive for a culture of openness, mutual support and feedback, with a rolling appraisal process, and regular assessment of manpower requirements.
2. Maintain clinical systems which are not only safe and robust, but also responsive to the changing needs and demands of our patient population. Continue to look at our skill mix, and to explore “non-traditional” ways of working to meet the challenges of the future.
3. Have an excellent IT infrastructure for correct record-keeping, to support patient access, and to allow for ready exchange of information with other agencies where appropriate. Continue to plan for future IT development - in particular, to accommodate closer working within our locality and with secondary care.
4. Ensure that our clinical and non-clinical workforce is appropriately trained to carry out their roles to the very best of their ability. Be a centre of excellence for GP and doctor training, and pledge our part in nurturing and developing future successive generations of primary care practitioners.
5. Maintain premises that are fit for purpose, clean, safe, calm and accessible to all.
6. Continue to look to the future, and consider all options that would allow for growth, and innovative ways of working. Explore closer and integrated working with practices and other providers including the possibility of relocation if appropriate.
Welcome to the Portugal Place Health Centre web site. We are a friendly G.P. surgery with eight Doctors, based in Wallsend, North Tyneside. We are open Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 8.00am - 6.00pm and 8.00am - 8.00pm in the majority of Wednesdays and Thursdays (prebooked appointments after 6pm only). For a full list of all our practice information please see our brochure.
Download our practice brochure (69 KB). To open this you will need the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader
Portugal Place Health Centre
Telephone: (0191) 2625252
Fax: (0191) 2620241
Repeat Prescription Telephone Line: (0191) 2639458
You can view our practice boundary on the map below. Alternatively, click here to see a larger version.
If you would like to register with us please come into the Health Centre and pick up our registration forms. We will ask you to provide photographic proof of your identity and address. Once you have returned with your competed forms and ID, we will register you with the Practice and you will receive your medical card in the post.
If you want to registering a new baby with the Practice, please visit us with the baby's "yellow book" or a copy of the baby's NHS number and once you complete the necessary forms we will register your baby.
An appointment can be made by calling at, or telephoning the Health Centre any weekday between 8am and 6.00pm Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays and between 8am and 8pm, Wednesday and Thursday. You can also book appointments online 24 hours a day, once you register for this service.
If you do not need to be examined, then you could ask for a telephone consultation with a doctor. Telephone consultations are available Monday to Friday and can be booked by telephone or at the reception desk.
Housecalls are only for patients who are too ill to come to the surgery. If you require a housecall, please put the request in before 10am and a Doctor will ring you back.
If you require non life-threatening medical attention when the surgery is closed please ring 111 to speak to NHS 111. In an emergency situation please always ring 999.
Treatment is given by repeat prescription only after agreement with the Doctor. The details regarding your medication are then entered onto the computer and you will be issued with a re-order form. Prescriptions will be ready for collection within 2 working days. Please advise us if you need your prescription urgently.If you post your re-order form to us, with a SAE, we will post your prescription back to you. You can also request your routine repeat items by telephoning (0191) 2639458, or online.
All surgeries are required to provide their patients (including over 75s) with a named GP. This doctor will have overall responsibility for the care that the surgery provides. This will not prevent you from seeing any GP at the Practice.
As this does not affect which GP you can see, we have allocated a named GP based upon surname as follows:
A-B your named GP is Dr Ng
C-E your named GP is Dr Fawcett
K-M your named GP is Dr Ellis
F-G your named GP is Dr Foxen
N-R your named GP is Dr Dickson
H-J your named GP is Dr Wright
S-Z your named GP is Dr Scott
You do not need to take any further action but if you have any questions please contact the surgery.
All patients over 75 who do not already attend the surgery for an annual review are welcome to book a health check with the health care assistant. The health care assistant will check your blood pressure, weight, height, urine and enquire about any health needs. Please book with the receptionist if you wish to have a health check.
This fair processing notice explains why the GP practice collects information about you and how that information may be used.
>>back to top